The work produced the following outputs:
- Implementation and a deployed online version of the demonstrator service exhibiting fast and highly scalable exchange of metadata and content across repositories storing research data, papers and scientific software.
- A piece of evidence and argument for modernising existing communication mechanisms routinely used by repositories using our solution. This was delivered in the form of an empirical evaluation, comprising the source code, the experimental data and a formal research publication describing the experiment.
The impact of this work was:
- A clear path to go beyond the current state-of-the-art in efficient and effective information exchange between EOSC data
providers and services.
- Scalable client/server implementation(s) of the ResourceSync protocol for easy adoption at the side of data providers.
- Raised awareness of existing problems and the offered solution